Presidents Academy trains and inspires 80 presidents annually. Presidents from each chapter participate in an institute-style program with a curriculum that emphasizes the Mission and Principles of Delta Upsilon as a foundation for effective chapter leadership. Together, chapter presidents are exposed to new ideas and possibilities and are encouraged to apply what they learn to their leadership role and responsibility. They learn from each other, stretch their boundaries, discover strengths and envision a more successful version of their chapter.
Registration Open: Oct. 17, 2016
A chapter/colony president will:
- Define his role as president.
- Recognize and articulate Delta Upsilon's founding principles and mission.
- Apply personal meaning to the Four Founding principles of Delta Upsilon.
- Acquire the operational policies and procedures to run a Delta Upsilon chapter.
- Articulate and recognize loss prevention standards and procedures.
- Learn a model of decision making which he can apply in understanding his brothers' actions.
- Articulate the value of Delta Upsilon's mission.
- Utilize the Ritual of Delta Upsilon to guide individual and chapter decisions.
- Learn his own leadership style and tendencies.
- Identify the current and ideal state of his chapter.
- Apply the CEP as a tool for chapter improvement.
- Communicate the purpose of the Global Service Initiative.
- Identify tactics for generating buy in from chapter members.
- Formulate a workable action plan with his peers.
"Presidents Academy brings the leaders from every DU chapter into the same room, strips away our egos, and asks us to explore our leadership through the DU Principles."-Dale Shanklin, Boise State '15