International Policies and Expectations
Photo/Media Release: You grant Delta Upsilon permission to use your name and any photographs, audio, and/or video of and/or quotes from you, without compensation, in any promotional materials and publications in connection to Delta Upsilon.
Drug Free Policy: The Global Service Initiative promotes a drug free philosophy. This prohibits illegal drug use by anyone during the Global Service Initiative. Any member who does not adhere to this policy will be asked to leave the initiative and return to his place of residence at their own expense.
Participation: You will participate in all pre-initiative webinars/activities. You also agree to participate in any and all group activities during the trip. Dates for all activities will be communicated through email.
Physical Requirements/Insurance: The Global Service Initiative can be extremely physically demanding and may take place in extreme temperatures. You understand that you must be in good physical condition, with all necessary vaccinations and health insurance, to fully participate in the initiative. You will be asked at a later date to furnish documentation of health insurance.
Delta Upsilon Code of Conduct:
- As a Delta Upsilon brother, I will know and understand our founding principles - friendship, character, culture, and justice, and will strive to incorporate them into my time in Jamaica.
- As a Delta Upsilon brother, I will respect the dignity of all persons; therefore I will not physically, mentally, psychologically, or sexually abuse or haze any human being.
- As a Delta Upsilon brother, I will protect the health and safety of all human beings.
- As a Delta Upsilon brother, I will respect my property and the property of others; therefore, I will neither abuse nor tolerate abuse of property.
- As a Delta Upsilon brother, I will neither use nor support the use of illegal drugs; I will neither misuse nor support the misuse of alcohol.
- As a Delta Upsilon brother, I will challenge my Fraternity brothers and fellow participants to abide by these fraternal expectations and will confront those who violate them.
In the event of an emergency or non-emergency situation in which medical treatment is required as a result of participation in Delta Upsilon's Global Service Initiative, every reasonable effort will be made to contact the individual on the medical information and release form. If unsuccessful in contacting the individuals listed, consent/permission given for treatment by competent medical personnel.
Further, and unless otherwise, consent/permission is hereby given to all accompanying staff on this trip to hospitalize, secure proper treatment for, and to order injection, anesthesia, or surgery (under recommendation of a qualified medical personnel).
I understand that Delta Upsilon Fraternity, or any related organizations or staff to this initiative, do not carry international accident or medical insurance for participating members. I agree that my insurance company will be used for such medical care and I am aware that: I may be billed by the medical provider for any medical treatment not covered by my insurance. I understand that if I do not have medical insurance coverage that I am responsible for the payment of any medical bills.
I hereby release Delta Upsilon Fraternity from any and all claims and causes of action of any kind. I understand that I am working with separate organizations as well as Delta Upsilon Fraternity and I will not hold Delta Upsilon Fraternity or any related organizations or staff liable for any actions that may occur. I also will not hold any of the volunteer drivers liable. I release Delta Upsilon Fraternity, and any associated person or agency from any claims in consideration for the opportunity to participate in this initiative.