Graphic Designer (PDF)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
The Delta Upsilon Fraternity has an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Graphic Designer will serve as a brand manager for Delta Upsilon and manage the layout and design of all printed pieces, as well as some electronic media needs.
- Manage the layout and design of print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to: DU Quarterly magazine, donor and expansion proposals, annual reports, and event collateral.
- Manage and maintain graphic files, including Fraternity logos, photos and art.
- Serve as a brand manager for the Delta Upsilon International Fraternity and Educational Foundation.
- Assist in the development and management of a database for all multimedia assets.
- Participate in the creative process with other team members.
PREPARATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Minimum two years related experience preferred but not required
- Must have an eye for layout and design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Photography experience preferred but not required
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including fellow staff, board, members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Greek letter organizations preferred
Please submit a résumé, three references, design samples and a cover letter to Director of Communications Ashley Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic applications are preferred. In your cover letter, please include your salary requirements.
Reports to: Senior Director of Chapter Development
Delta Upsilon is hiring Leadership consultants for the 2017-2018 academic year. Leadership consultants are the Fraternity's key ambassadors, working directly with students, alumni and universities to advance Delta Upsilon's initiatives. In this position, you will be challenged to improve and enhance the skills you acquired in school and further prepare yourself for any career by gaining important managerial and hands-on experience. This position involves extensive travel, and as a result, a consultant will meet brothers and make connections throughout North America. This position is not limited to the tasks of enhancing chapter operations, establishing new chapters and recruiting new members into the Fraternity. He shall serve as a liaison between the General Fraternity/International Headquarters and chapters/colonies and guide chapter/colony members to realize and achieve the ideals and objectives of the Fraternity.
The Leadership Consultant is expected to be outgoing, self-disciplined, organized, able to analyze and critically think spontaneously, and will adapt to a number of wide-ranging situations, all in an effort to better equip chapters/colonies of Delta Upsilon to be successful.
- Assist in the logistical preparation, planning, and execution of chapter servicing needs throughout the year
- Act as the primary staff member on expansion efforts (pre-expansion, on-site, and post-expansion)
- Assist in the logistical preparation and planning for expansion
- Assist in creating and collecting recruitment related resources
- Serve as a staff member responsible for recruiting new members
- Provide officer training for colony members and during chapter visits
- Conduct chapter visits relating to chapter operations, recruitment, and chapter growth
- Plan and execute focused webinars addressing recruitment and other Fraternity related initiatives
- Provide additional staff support as needed
- Serve as chapter liaison
- Assist in monitoring, reviewing and evaluating Chapter Excellence Plan (CEP) submissions
- Assist with the Fraternity's educational programs
- Travel required would be 70%-90%
- Must be a member of Delta Upsilon Fraternity
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to Delta Upsilon's Mission and Four Founding Principles
- Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Demonstrated leadership within the Fraternity and/or student organizations
- A desire for extensive travel and relocation to Indianapolis, Indiana
- Ownership or full access to an insured vehicle
- Professional conduct and appearance
Delta Upsilon's Summer Internship Program provides an opportunity for undergraduate brothers to obtain practical work experience in not-for-profit association management and conference planning at Delta Upsilon's International Headquarters during a 10 week summer internship from June 5 to August 10, 2017.
To learn more about the Summer Internship Program, click here.
To apply to be a Summer Intern, complete our online application.