Administrative Assistant (PDF)
Position Type: Temporary (12+weeks); 40 hours per week
Reports to: Associate Executive Director
This position is responsible for assisting staff members in managing the activities of the headquarters office.
- Primary phone coverage (first to answer all incoming calls)
- Respond timely to email correspondence
- Prepare and mail all US/UPS/Fed Ex packages, including fulfilling orders of badges, ribbons, certificates, etc.
- Maintain and update membership database records
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Filing of materials in general file area and online
- Assistance with bookkeeping/accounting functions as appropriate, including making deposits for Delta Upsilon International Fraternity and Delta Upsilon Educational Foundation, and assisting with chapter billings when appropriate
- Maintenance and ordering of general office supply inventory
- May be called upon to assist with special projects and assume responsibility for the development, administration, and promotion of specific projects, as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have formal training in office procedures and use of office equipment. Must have the ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing; pleasant telephone manner; able to "think on feet" when dealing with callers; customer service oriented "can do" approach to work. Knowledge of computers; specifically, experience in Microsoft Office is preferable, and experience with the membership database, Raisers Edge is desirable. Must have superior organizational skills and accuracy. Excellent problem solving and people skills also required.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Associate Executive Director for all of the duties and responsibilities listed above and for other duties that may be assigned during the duration of the employment. Because of his/her involvement in matters related to their responsibilities the Administrative Assistant would also be required to communicate frequently with the other staff members.
To apply for this position, please contact Executive Director Justin Kirk at email@example.com or (317) 875-8900.
Reports to: Senior Director of Chapter Development
Delta Upsilon is hiring Leadership consultants for the 2017-2018 academic year. Leadership consultants are the Fraternity's key ambassadors, working directly with students, alumni and universities to advance Delta Upsilon's initiatives. In this position, you will be challenged to improve and enhance the skills you acquired in school and further prepare yourself for any career by gaining important managerial and hands-on experience. This position involves extensive travel, and as a result, a consultant will meet brothers and make connections throughout North America. This position is not limited to the tasks of enhancing chapter operations, establishing new chapters and recruiting new members into the Fraternity. He shall serve as a liaison between the General Fraternity/International Headquarters and chapters/colonies and guide chapter/colony members to realize and achieve the ideals and objectives of the Fraternity.
The Leadership Consultant is expected to be outgoing, self-disciplined, organized, able to analyze and critically think spontaneously, and will adapt to a number of wide-ranging situations, all in an effort to better equip chapters/colonies of Delta Upsilon to be successful.
- Assist in the logistical preparation, planning, and execution of chapter servicing needs throughout the year
- Act as the primary staff member on expansion efforts (pre-expansion, on-site, and post-expansion)
- Assist in the logistical preparation and planning for expansion
- Assist in creating and collecting recruitment related resources
- Serve as a staff member responsible for recruiting new members
- Provide officer training for colony members and during chapter visits
- Conduct chapter visits relating to chapter operations, recruitment, and chapter growth
- Plan and execute focused webinars addressing recruitment and other Fraternity related initiatives
- Provide additional staff support as needed
- Serve as chapter liaison
- Assist in monitoring, reviewing and evaluating Chapter Excellence Plan (CEP) submissions
- Assist with the Fraternity's educational programs
- Travel required would be 70%-90%
- Must be a member of Delta Upsilon Fraternity
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to Delta Upsilon's Mission and Four Founding Principles
- Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Demonstrated leadership within the Fraternity and/or student organizations
- A desire for extensive travel and relocation to Indianapolis, Indiana
- Ownership or full access to an insured vehicle
- Professional conduct and appearance
Delta Upsilon's Summer Internship Program provides an opportunity for undergraduate brothers to obtain practical work experience in not-for-profit association management and conference planning at Delta Upsilon's International Headquarters during a 10 week summer internship from June 5 to August 10, 2017.
To learn more about the Summer Internship Program, click here.
To apply to be a Summer Intern, complete our online application.