Download: Graphic Designer Application (pdf)
Reports to: Associate Executive Director
Position Summary: Delta Upsilon Fraternity has an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer. Reporting to the Associate Executive Director, the Graphic Designer will work on a three-person communications team and manage the layout and design of all printed pieces and electronic communications.
- Manage the layout and design of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, Quarterly Magazine, e-newsletters and annual reports.
- Manage and maintain graphic files, including Fraternity logos, photos and art.
- Assist in the development and management of a database for all video and multimedia assets.
- Assist with website updates while maintaining look and feel.
- Participate in the creative process with other team members.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- Minimum two years related experience preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including fellow staff, Board Members, volunteers, donors, program participants and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have an eye for layout and design, strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Understanding of Greek letter organizations preferred.
Director of Harm Reduction
Download: Director of Harm Reduction Application (pdf)
Reports to: Senior Director of Educational Programs
Position Summary: The Director of Harm Reduction is responsible for the development and implementation of harm reduction strategies for Delta Upsilon International Fraternity. The Director of Harm Reduction will develop organization-wide initiatives and programming on mental health, sexual assault, hazing and alcohol education.
Essential Responsibilities: Create 3-year comprehensive strategic plan and educational strategy for harm reduction. Develop, deliver and assess programming on mental health, sexual assault, hazing and alcohol education. Deliver harm reduction programs at Fraternity's educational programs and chapter retreats. Create new and/or targeted initiatives for chapters in the areas of harm reduction. Develop harm reduction resources for chapter advisors and house corporation officers. Coordinate annual research roundtable to share best practices in fraternity/sorority harm reduction practices.
Special qualifications: Candidates must possess exceptional interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills, strong organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, and the willingness to work and communicate effectively with diverse populations and as a team.
Experience: Candidates must possess educational program development and planning skills with a minimum of five years of relevant experience in a corporate or higher education setting. Previous experience with developing and writing curriculum, large group facilitation, fraternity or sorority risk management, social practice education, and working with undergraduate students is required. Education: Master's degree in leadership education, higher education administration, student personnel, or related field or relevant work experience required.
Application Procedure: Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history, and three references with contact information to Justin Kirk, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin on April 1st.
Click here to fill out Consultant Application Form
Delta Upsilon Fraternity is accepting nominations and applications for the Leadership Consultant /Expansion Consultant positions. Leadership Consultants are the Fraternity's key ambassadors, working directly with students, alumni and universities to advance Delta Upsilon's initiatives.
More specifically, a leadership consultant's responsibilities include:
- Conducting chapter visits relating various aspects of chapter operations
- Providing officer training during chapter visits
- Assisting in monitoring, reviewing and evaluating Chapter Excellence Plan (CEP) submissions
- Serving as chapter liaison
- Assisting in the logistical preparation and planning for expansion
- Serving as a staff member responsible for recruiting new members
- Providing officer training for new colonies
- Assisting in creating and collecting Fraternity-related resources
- Assisting with the Fraternity's educational programs
- Member of Delta Upsilon Fraternity
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to Delta Upsilon's Mission and Four Founding Principles
- Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Demonstrated leadership within the Fraternity and/or student organizations
- Desire for extensive travel and relocation to Indianapolis, Indiana
- Ownership or full access to an insured vehicle
- Professional conduct and appearance
What training will I receive and how would this job prepare me for my next career move?
Serving as Leadership Consultant provides many opportunities, responsibilities and freedoms that most positions cannot offer at the entry level. Here are some of the skills you will develop on a daily basis: facilitation training; professionalism; leadership development; etiquette/dress for success; professional writing; computer training; presentation skills; travel tips; time management; project management; recruitment training; networking; financial planning and budgeting; customer service skills; team courses and team building; confrontation; and negotiation.
How will this job fit into my future plans?
Serving on the Delta Upsilon Professional Staff can be a springboard to a variety of future opportunities. Because of the travel experience and high level of responsibility given to our staff members, many have found success marketing their experience to employers. Many former Leadership Consultants have gone on to medical school, law school or pursued other graduate programs.
Additionally, universities often provide opportunities for former staff members to work as graduate assistants while they attend graduate school.
The application process is rolling and positions may fill sooner.
If you know of candidates, or are interested, please contact Karl Grindel at email@example.com. or 317.875.8900.