Click here to fill out Consultant Application Form
Delta Upsilon Fraternity is accepting nominations and applications for the Leadership Consultant /Expansion Consultant positions. Leadership Consultants are the Fraternity's key ambassadors, working directly with students, alumni and universities to advance Delta Upsilon's initiatives.
More specifically, a leadership consultant's responsibilities include:
- Conducting chapter visits relating various aspects of chapter operations
- Providing officer training during chapter visits
- Assisting in monitoring, reviewing and evaluating Chapter Excellence Plan (CEP) submissions
- Serving as chapter liaison
- Assisting in the logistical preparation and planning for expansion
- Serving as a staff member responsible for recruiting new members
- Providing officer training for new colonies
- Assisting in creating and collecting Fraternity-related resources
- Assisting with the Fraternity's educational programs
- Member of Delta Upsilon Fraternity
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to Delta Upsilon's Mission and Four Founding Principles
- Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Demonstrated leadership within the Fraternity and/or student organizations
- Desire for extensive travel and relocation to Indianapolis, Indiana
- Ownership or full access to an insured vehicle
- Professional conduct and appearance
What training will I receive and how would this job prepare me for my next career move?
Serving as Leadership Consultant provides many opportunities, responsibilities and freedoms that most positions cannot offer at the entry level. Here are some of the skills you will develop on a daily basis: facilitation training; professionalism; leadership development; etiquette/dress for success; professional writing; computer training; presentation skills; travel tips; time management; project management; recruitment training; networking; financial planning and budgeting; customer service skills; team courses and team building; confrontation; and negotiation.
How will this job fit into my future plans?
Serving on the Delta Upsilon Professional Staff can be a springboard to a variety of future opportunities. Because of the travel experience and high level of responsibility given to our staff members, many have found success marketing their experience to employers. Many former Leadership Consultants have gone on to medical school, law school or pursued other graduate programs.
Additionally, universities often provide opportunities for former staff members to work as graduate assistants while they attend graduate school.
The application process is rolling and positions may fill sooner.
If you know of candidates, or are interested, please contact Karl Grindel at firstname.lastname@example.org. or 317.875.8900.