Each chapter/colony is expected to send their 2013 president. If the president cannot attend, the chapter must send an approved executive board replacement. Questions regarding attendance should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates: Thursday, January 3, 2013 - Sunday, January 6, 2013
Cost: Lodging and meals during the Academy are provided. Travel expenses are reimbursed up to the pre-determined amount. Please see the travel reimbursement policy below.
If you are flying: You must make your own flight arrangements. All flights must arrive into Indianapolis International Airport (IND) by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 3. Departure flights can leave after 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 6. Please see the travel reimbursement policy below.
Ground transportation will be provided to/from the airport and Camp Tecumseh.
If you are driving: Chapters located within a six hour drive of Camp Tecumseh are expected to drive. Please plan to arrive by 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 3. You may depart after 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, January 6. Please see the travel reimbursement policy below.
Please note: Indianapolis and Camp Tecumseh are in the Eastern Time Zone.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Our chapter president can't attend. Who should we send in his place?
Chapters and colonies should make every effort to ensure their president attends. If he absolutely cannot, an executive board officer may attend in his place. Approval for this can be granted by emailing email@example.com.
Are you able to provide a letter for my professors/supervisor?
Yes. If attending the Presidents' Academy requires you to miss class or work, please notify your professors/supervisor well in advance. Delta Upsilon will provide you with a letter confirming your attendance at the program. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive this letter.
I can't attend the whole program, can I come for part of it?
No. The Presidents' Academy is an institute-style program that requires full participation from all attendees on all four days. If you cannot attend the entire program, please contact email@example.com to receive approval to send a replacement executive board officer.
What should I pack?
The accommodations at Camp Tecumseh will be housed eight to ten attendees to a cabin, each with private showers and bathroom. The cabins are heated. You will need to pack the following:
- Bath towel and wash cloth - bedding will be provided but towels will not
- Shower shoes
- Toiletries - toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, soap, etc.
- Closed toe shoes
- Warm clothes - jeans, sweatshirts, sweaters
- Winter coat/jacket Extra blanket - bedding will be provided but some may want an extra blanket
- Photo identification/passport for the airport
- Cash - you will be responsible for your meals while traveling
- Health insurance card
What if the weather is bad?
We understand that weather in January can be unpredictable. The outline below explains Delta Upsilon's planned response to a weather-related emergency.
- A weather-related emergency is defined as severe or inclement weather that has the potential to disrupt the travel or operation of the Winter Educational Conference. Examples include snow, ice, severe cold, or flooding.
- DU plans to hold the Presidents' Academy in most weather conditions. If we receive extreme winter weather to the degree that we must cancel, we will not reschedule.
- In the case of cancellation, we will send participants the workbook and program materials and conduct online training in the spring.
If inclement weather occurs and has the potential to disrupt the Presidents' Academy, one of two response categories will be implemented as appropriate:
- Delayed start - the program will have a delayed start to accommodate the safe arrival of participants.
- Program cancelled - a decision will be made by 8:00 a.m. EST on January 3 if inclement weather dictates cancellation of the program.
- DU will notify all participants via text message and email of any schedule changes or cancellations.
- DU will update its website with any schedule changes or cancellations.
DU will assist attendees in securing hotel accommodations near the Indianapolis International Airport if air travel is disrupted.