|Fundraising Levels: |
$1,000 - Minimum expectation and recognition at the 2013 Leadership Institute GSI Luncheon and in the DU Quarterly
$3,000 - One guaranteed participant from your chapter/colony (not including travel expenses) in a global trip and recognition at the 2013 Leadership Institute GSI Luncheon and in the DU Quarterly
$5,500 - Two guaranteed participants from your chapter/colony (not including travel expenses) in a global trip and recognition at the 2013 Leadership Institute GSI Luncheon and in the DU Quarterly
$10,000 - Three guaranteed participants from your chapter/colony (not including travel expenses) in a global trip, a customized GSI video featuring interviews with your three participants on site, and recognition at the 2013 Leadership Institute GSI Luncheon and in the DU Quarterly
GSI Most Funds Raised Award - Chapter/colony with the highest overall fundraising total will be recognized at the 2013 Leadership Institute GSI Luncheon and Fraternity President, Dr. Bernard Franklin, Kansas State '75 will speak on their campus
GSI Most Funds Raised per Member Award - Chapter/colony with the highest overall fundraising total per member will be recognized at the 2013 Leadership Institute GSI Luncheon and a Delta Upsilon Board Member or Staff Member will present the award on campus
GSI Fundraising Guidelines
In order to ensure your chapter/colony receives the appropriate recognition for all GSI contributions, please follow these policies from the Delta Upsilon Educational Foundation (DUEF):
Also please note:
- Notify DUEF of your chapter/colony fundraising events and programs at least two weeks prior to the event or start date.
- Benefits cannot be offered in return for contributions.
- "Global Service Initiative" and chapter/colony name must be indicated at the time a contribution is made in order for the chapter/colony to receive credit towards its fundraising goal.
- All contributions go to support the Delta Upsilon Global Service Initiative.
- Contributions must be received by DUEF within one month of collection.
- No raffles or silent auctions may be held.
- Contributions are not tax-deductible in Canada
- DUEF will send acknowledgement to check and credit card donors for tax purposes.
- No tax acknowledgment will be made for cash contributions.
- You must notify donors that this "contribution or gift to Delta Upsilon is not tax deductible as a charitable contribution".
- No cash should be sent via mail. Collect cash and obtain a money order payable to Delta Upsilon Foundation. Please do not collect cash and deposit into the chapter/colony's bank account, as this creates tax implications for the chapter/colony.
- Make checks payable to DUEF.
- In memo line, cite: "Global Service Initiation - ____ Chapter/Colony"
- Mail to: DUEF, 8705 Founders Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268
- Chapter/colony may collect checks and send in one envelope or donor may mail directly to DUEF.
- Chapters/colonies should not collect any credit card information.
- Credit card contributions may only be made online via DUEF.org and must be made by the donor.
- The donor must include the name of the chapter/colony which solicited the contribution in the Notes/Gift Instructions box of the gift payment form.
- In the event that a business agrees to sponsor a fundraising event, please follow these guidelines:
- Must be a qualifying sponsorship:
- Business may only receive thank you recognition or acknowledgement at event, in program, and/or on a t-shirt
- May not provide the business with advertising space or sales space at the event
- Sponsorship checks must be made payable to DUEF and must include a note that the contribution is for sponsorship of an event for "_____ chapter/colony" and supports GSI.
Questions regarding contributions in support of GSI can be directed to the Delta Upsilon Foundation