|Fundraising Levels: |
$1,000 - Minimum expectation and recognition at the 2014 Leadership Institute GSI Luncheon and in the DU Quarterly
$3,000 - One guaranteed participant from your chapter/colony (not including travel expenses) in a global trip and recognition at the 2014 Leadership Institute GSI Luncheon and in the DU Quarterly
$5,500 - Two guaranteed participants from your chapter/colony (not including travel expenses) in a global trip and recognition at the 2014 Leadership Institute GSI Luncheon and in the DU Quarterly
$10,000 - Three guaranteed participants from your chapter/colony (not including travel expenses) in a global trip, and recognition at the 2014 Leadership Institute GSI Luncheon and in the DU Quarterly
GSI Most Funds Raised Award - Chapter/colony with the highest overall fundraising total will be recognized at the 2014 Leadership Institute GSI Luncheon
GSI Most Funds Raised per Member Award - Chapter/colony with the highest overall fundraising total per member will be recognized at the 2014 Leadership Institute GSI Luncheon and a Delta Upsilon Board Member or Staff Member will present the award on campus
GSI Fundraising Guidelines
In order to ensure your chapter/colony receives the appropriate recognition for all GSI contributions, please follow these policies from the Delta Upsilon Educational Foundation (DUEF):
Also please note:
- Notify DUEF of your chapter/colony fundraising events and programs at least two weeks prior to the event or start date.
- Benefits cannot be offered in return for contributions.
- "Global Service Initiative" and chapter/colony name must be indicated at the time a contribution is made in order for the chapter/colony to receive credit toward its fundraising goal.
- All contributions go to support the Delta Upsilon Global Service Initiative.
- Contributions must be received by DUEF within one month of collection.
- No raffles or silent auctions may be held.
- Contributions are not tax-deductible in Canada
- DUEF will send acknowledgement to check and credit card donors for tax purposes.
- No tax acknowledgment will be made for cash contributions.
- You must notify donors that this "contribution or gift to Delta Upsilon is not tax deductible as a charitable contribution".
- No cash should be sent via mail. Collect cash and obtain a money order payable to Delta Upsilon Foundation. Please do not collect cash and deposit into the chapter/colony's bank account, as this creates tax implications for the chapter/colony.
- Make checks payable to DUEF.
- In memo line, cite: "Global Service Initiation - ____ Chapter/Colony"
- Mail to: DUEF, 8705 Founders Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268
- Chapter/colony may collect checks and send in one envelope or donor may mail directly to DUEF.
- Chapters/colonies should not collect any credit card information.
- Credit card contributions may only be made online via DUEF.org and must be made by the donor.
- The donor must include the name of the chapter/colony which solicited the contribution in the Notes/Gift Instructions box of the gift payment form.
- In the event that a business agrees to sponsor a fundraising event, please follow these guidelines:
- Must be a qualifying sponsorship
- Business may only receive thank you recognition or acknowledgement at event, in program, and/or on a T-shirt
- May not provide the business with advertising space or sales space at the event
- Sponsorship checks must be made payable to DUEF and must include a note that the contribution is for sponsorship of an event for "_____ chapter/colony" and supports GSI.
Questions regarding contributions in support of GSI can be directed to the Delta Upsilon Educational Foundation