Values-based recruitment and membership selection is important to DU. At Recruitment Symposium, we teach chapters best practices for recruitment.
About Recruitment Symposium
The Recruitment Symposium is an officer training program for DU’s chapter Vice Presidents of Membership Recruitment. Participants learn recruitment models, best practices and soft skills to help them lead a successful values-based recruitment and selection process within their chapters.
Recruitment Symposium 2021
Recruitment Symposium is held in conjunction with the Regional Leadership Academy. Each RLA has a Recruitment Symposium track. Each chapter/associate chapter is expected to have at least one member (ideally the VP Recruitment) attend the Recruitment Symposium.
The 2021 Recruitment Symposium and RLA will be held virtually. You and your chapter can choose between one of two weekends to attend: Feb 6-7 or Feb. 13-14, 2021. You will register for the Recruitment Symposium as part of RLA registration.
Participants of the Recruitment Symposium will be able to:
- Identify organizational values for Delta Upsilon
- Communicate how actions emphasize the true values of the Fraternity
- Articulate how those values create a framework for defining the ideal member
- Identify what an ideal member could gain from a Delta Upsilon experience
- Identify the importance of communicating a message effectively to potential members
- Define the brand for their chapter
- Articulate methods for communicating messages on a college campus
- Understand the key components to a successful recruitment plan
- Identify methods for generating buy-in from chapter members to a recruitment plan
- Create mechanisms for follow-up