2019 Award Applications Open
May 7, 2019 - Delta Upsilon's Leadership Institute gives the Fraternity the opportunity to celebrate greatness though individual and chapter awards. This includes awards for outstanding chapter operations, as well as the personal successes of undergraduates and alumni. Many chapter awards are chosen based on data from the Men of Merit Chapter Standards Program or Chapter Excellence Plan. However, some awards require an application.
Award applications/nominations for awards to be given at the 2019 Leadership Institute are now available and due June 15.
If you have questions about awards, contact Chapter Development Director Kelsey Morrissey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view past award recipients, click here.
A number of individual awards are given to undergraduate and alumni DUs in recognition of their outstanding work for the Fraternity, in their careers and in their community. Someone may nominate themselves for an award, or brothers can be nominated by others.
Distinguished Undergraduate AwardThe Distinguished Undergraduate Award was created to recognize the time and effort given by an undergraduate brother for the improvement of his chapter, campus and community. The award emphasizes the attributes of an undergraduate's involvement during his whole college career. The recipient has his name engraved on the permanent recognition plaque at the International Headquarters.
President's Award for Chapter President of the Year
The President's Award for Chapter President of the Year recognizes the time, effort and leadership given by a Chapter President for the improvement of his chapter. The award emphasizes the attributes of an undergraduate's involvement within the past academic year, as opposed to years of chapter service.
Chapter Advisor of the Year
The Chapter Advisor of the Year Award recognizes an involved advisor who is vital to the success of a chapter and the Fraternity. The Fraternity is certain that one of the largest contributing factors to a chapter's long-term success is the commitment and influence of a talented chapter advisor. Delta Upsilon has been fortunate over the years to have had talented and dedicated alumni forego their personal leisure for the benefit of a chapter.
This award is different than the Chairman's Award which will recognize a national-level volunteer.
The Chairman's Award-Outstanding Alumni Volunteer of the Year
The Chairman's Award for the Outstanding Alumni Volunteer of the Year was created to recognize the time and effort given by an international-level alumni volunteer (involvement beyond working with a single chapter) for the betterment of Delta Upsilon chapters within a given year. The recipient has his name engraved on the permanent recognition plaque at the International Headquarters.
Delta Upsilon has a few awards chapters can apply for. Other awards, like the Sweepstakes Trophy and CEP Awards, are based on chapter performance and Men of Merit or CEP data. Chapters are encouraged to apply for the awards below.
Campus and Community Impact Award
The Campus and Community Impact Award was created to recognize chapters that go above and beyond their expectations to be role models in their community. This award specifically acknowledges those chapters that are creating and maintaining strong relationships outside of just Greek Life and benefiting others.
- Can be a continuous/regular program, specific event, fundraising or educational initiative
- Must meet a campus or community need
- The majority of the chapter should be involved with the program
- The chapter should be able to show how it is a positive addition to the community.
Alumni Engagement Award
This award recognizes chapters that do an outstanding job partnering with their alumni and/or local alumni to strengthen the bonds of lifelong membership, as well as connect alumni with a collegiate chapter.
- Can be a singular event or ongoing program
- Must show how alumni relationships are positively affecting the chapter and individual members
- Must involve a significant number of alumni
- The chapter should be responsible for the planning and maintenance of the event/program.
Health, Safety and Prevention Award
The Health, Safety and Prevention Award recognizes chapters that are making the chapter's culture safer for members and visitors alike. The chapter should be addressing Loss Prevention as an opportunity to learn and make the Fraternity experience safe and beneficial to members physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Can be focused on any educational are of Loss Prevention like alcohol, drugs, sexual assault, mental health, men's health, etc.
- Can be an individual event or continual program
- Should incorporate outside resources as experts and educators for the program(s)
- The chapter should be able to show how its approach toward Loss Prevention is realistic and safe for students.
Innovative Member Development Award
This award was created to recognize chapters that are educating, mentoring and developing their members throughout the entire collegiate experience after the Associate Member Education Program. The Delta Upsilon experience gives members the unique opportunity to learn from brothers, professors and experts in many different areas. Each member faces different periods of growth throughout his membership, and DU should be cultivating members during each step of the way.
- Should be a continuous program in which all members participate
- Can be focused in the areas of professional development, education, achievement, academic excellence, mentoring, etc.
- Should be focused on the full membership experience
- Chapters should be able to show how it is helping members grow from associate members to alumni.