DU chapters making an impact through philanthropic fundraising and active global service.
Each year DU Chapters come together for the Global Service Initiative (GSI). GSI engages chapters of Delta Upsilon in both philanthropic fundraising and active service to the global community. All DU chapters are expected to fundraise at least $1,000 for GSI each academic year, and the money raised is used to help fund the expenses associated with the GSI program.
Chapters have historically raised money for GSI in a variety of ways. From walk-a-thons to charity golf tournaments, each chapter is encouraged to promote the purpose behind GSI in addition to raising philanthropic dollars. To assist our chapters with their fundraising efforts, we have put together a GSI Fundraising Guide as a comprehensive resource to help plan and manage philanthropy events for GSI. The guide offers event suggestions, tips, information about collecting donations, and details on sending dollars raised to the Delta Upsilon Educational Foundation and more.
Download the GSI Fundraising Guide
Fundraising Levels and AwardS
To recognize chapters for their fundraising efforts, we have created fundraising levels and awards. In some of the levels, chapters can earn waived registration fees for a GSI trip for the following academic year. (All fundraising must be received prior to a participant confirming their registration.) GSI Awards are presented each summer at our Leadership Institute.
- $1,000 – Minimum expectation and recognition at the Leadership Institute and in the DU Quarterly.
- $3,000 – One waived registration fee for your chapter (not including travel expenses) in a global trip and recognition at the Leadership Institute and in the DU Quarterly.
- $5,000 – Two waived registration fees for your chapter (not including travel expenses) in a global trip, and recognition at the Leadership Institute and in the DU Quarterly.
- GSI Most Funds Raised Award – Chapter with the highest overall fundraising total.
- GSI Most Funds Raised Per Member Award – Chapter with the highest overall fundraising total per member.
Give to the DUEF Today
Will you join us in Building Better Men for a global society? Your support of the DUEF will help provide educational programming, chapter initiatives and scholarships to young men who will soon lead our world.