DU's various recruitment programs teach chapters best practices for recruitment.
Amplify DU: Recruitment Training Program
Delta Upsilon is launching a new, summer recruitment program called Amplify DU. This virtual program is geared toward chapter Vice Presidents of Recruitment. Amplify DU will consist of five recruitment webinars for all attendees, as well as three small-group coaching calls and three guided GroupMe chats. Alumni Recruitment Coaches and DU staff will facilitate webinars and small-group discussion. Small groups will consist of 6-10 chapters based on similar characteristics (campus type, recruitment timeframe, housed/unhoused chapters, etc.) and provide more focused recruitment coaching. One to two additional recruitment chairs/assistant VPs will have the opportunity to attend the webinar portions of this program.
As part of the training program, all participating chapters will be eligible for incentives based on recruitment performance this upcoming year.
Advisors are also welcome to participate in the webinar portion of the training program. If you are an advisor and would like to attend, please complete this short form.
Amplify DU 2021 Schedule
- Attend five recruitment education webinars via Zoom
- Wednesday, June 2, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. EDT
- Wednesday, June 16, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. EDT
- Wednesday, June 30, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. EDT
- Wednesday, July 14, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. EDT
- Wednesday, August 11, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. EDT
- Participate in three small-group coaching calls at a date/time that works best for your small group during each of the following weeks:
- Week of June 7
- Week of July 5
- Week of August 2
- Participate in three guided team GroupMe chats during each of the following weeks:
- Week of June 21
- Week of July 19
- Week of August 16
The Recruitment Symposium is an officer training program for DU’s chapter Vice Presidents of Membership Recruitment. that is held in conjunction with the Regional Leadership Academy. Participants learn recruitment models, best practices and soft skills to help them lead a successful values-based recruitment and selection process within their chapters during this recruitment-centered track. Each chapter/associate chapter is expected to have at least one member (ideally the VP Recruitment) attend the Recruitment Symposium.
Recruitment Symposium 2022
Stay tuned for information regarding the 2022 RLA and Recruitment Symposium to be announced later in the fall 2021 term.
Chapter Vice Presidents of Recruitment can find recruitment resources on our Chapter Resources page under Vice President of Recruitment. This includes position descriptions, bid card templates, PNM referral guides and more!
Make sure to check out the Recruitment Tips section of our DU blog for more ideas and resources.
With COVID-19 forcing chapters to operate virtually, chapters will need adjust and learn how to best virtually recruit new members. DU staff have created the following resources to share best practices, recommendations and tips for how chapters to continue to recruit virtually.
- Potential New Member Outreach and Engagement During Virtual Recruitment
- Recruitment Activities During Virtual Recruitment
- Recruitment Committee During Virtual Recruitment
- Bid Extension During Virtual Recruitment
- Parent Engagement During Virtual Recruitment
- Questions to ask PNMs During Recruitment
- PNM Referral Guide
- Virtual Summer Recruitment (for chapters that rely heavily on summer recruitment)
- Webinar Recording - Recruiting Virtually: What you need to know to be successful with virtual recruitment
RECRUITMENT COACHING SESSIONS
Let's face it. Recruitment will look different this year. Planning for recruitment, including virtual recruitment, will be important. Director of Chapter Development & Expansion Hayden Rahn, Oregon '16, is offering recruitment coaching sessions via Zoom to help your chapter plan. These sessions are designed for the VP of Recruitment, Recruitment Committee and/or Recruitment Advisor to have the opportunity to spend 1-on-1 time with a DU staff member, focused on discussing chapter recruitment plans and goals.
To request a coaching session by complete the online request form or email Hayden at email@example.com.