DU's various recruitment programs teach chapters best practices for recruitment.
Amplify DU: Recruitment Training Program
In summer 2021, Delta Upsilon launched a new, summer recruitment program called Amplify DU. This virtual program is geared toward chapter Vice Presidents of Recruitment and other recruitment volunteers.
Amplify DU 2022 will consist of three recruitment webinars for all attendees, as well as two small-group coaching meetings, and at least one one-on-one coaching session. Alumni Recruitment Coaches and DU staff facilitate the webinars and small-group discussion, and small groups consist of chapters based on similar characteristics (campus type, recruitment timeframe, housed/unhoused chapters, etc.) and provide more focused recruitment coaching. An in-person session will also be held during the 2022 Leadership Institute.
As part of the training program, all participating chapters are eligible for incentives based on recruitment performance during the 2022-2023 academic year.
Amplify DU 2022
Join us for these Amplify DU sessions this summer!
- Wednesday, July 27, 8:00 p.m. EDT
- Recruitment Zones: Effective Recruiting Year Round
- Wednesday, Aug. 10, 8:00 p.m. EDT
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Recruitment
- Wednesday, Aug. 17, 8:00 p.m. EDT
- Recruitment as a Team Effort: Creating a Blueprint for Success
Leadership Institute Group
- Saturday, Aug. 6
- Building Genuine, Authentic & Lasting Relationships
- For those in attendance at the Leadership Institute
2021 Amplify DU WEbinar recordings
- Webinar #1 - Why Amplify DU?
- Webinar #2 - 365 Recruitment
- Webinar #3 - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Fraternity Recruitment
- Webinar #4 - Telling and Selling Your DU Story
- Webinar #5 - Recruitment is a Team Effort
The Recruitment Symposium is an officer training program for DU’s chapter Vice Presidents of Membership Recruitment. that is held in conjunction with the Regional Leadership Academy. Participants learn recruitment models, best practices and soft skills to help them lead a successful values-based recruitment and selection process within their chapters during this recruitment-centered track. Each chapter/associate chapter is expected to have at least one member (ideally the VP Recruitment) attend the Recruitment Symposium.
Recruitment Symposium 2023
The 2023 Recruitment Symposium will be held in conjunction with each Regional Leadership Academy in February. Registration will launch in October.
Chapter Vice Presidents of Recruitment can find recruitment resources on our Chapter Resources page under Vice President of Recruitment. This includes position descriptions, bid card templates, PNM referral guides and more!
Make sure to check out the Recruitment Tips section of our DU blog for more ideas and resources.
With COVID-19 forcing chapters to operate virtually, chapters will need adjust and learn how to best virtually recruit new members. DU staff have created the following resources to share best practices, recommendations and tips for how chapters to continue to recruit virtually.
- Potential New Member Outreach and Engagement During Virtual Recruitment
- Recruitment Activities During Virtual Recruitment
- Recruitment Committee During Virtual Recruitment
- Bid Extension During Virtual Recruitment
- Parent Engagement During Virtual Recruitment
- Questions to ask PNMs During Recruitment
- PNM Referral Guide
- Virtual Summer Recruitment (for chapters that rely heavily on summer recruitment)
- Webinar Recording - Recruiting Virtually: What you need to know to be successful with virtual recruitment