Alumni Advisors play a big role in the success of our chapters. That’s why we train them.
About Advisors Academy
The Advisors Academy will see some changes in 2020! This year, the Advisors Academy will be held as part of the Leadership Institute, as opposed to the Regional Leadership Academy. This change will allow chapter advisors to join their officers in their RLA programming, while having separate advisor sessions at LI.
The Advisors Academy will provide learning for individuals who interact regularly with a DU chapter or colony in an advisory role. At the Advisor’s Academy, our advisors:
- Learn and apply best practices in chapter advising
- Learn best practices in formulating working relationships with members
- Discover new resources and opportunities available to the chapters and colonies they advise
- Discover student development theory
- Learn new updates and trends in the fraternity system and in Delta Upsilon
- Benefit from networking with peer local-level advisors
- Formulate a personal advisement plan
Advisors Academy 2020
Advisors Academy will be held conjunction with the Leadership Institute! Registration will open in February.
July 30-Aug. 2, 2020
Hilton Disney Springs
All advisors are encouraged to continue to attend the 2020 Regional Leadership Academy and participate in the same programming as the undergraduates.