2020 Award Applications Open
May 7, 2020 - Each year, Delta Upsilon International Fraternity recognizes chapters and individuals for their outstanding efforts. Award applications/nominations for Delta Upsilon's 2020 awards are now open and are due June 21.
Awards are traditionally presented at the Fraternity's Leadership Institute. However, with the 2020 Leadership Institute being canceled due to COVID-19, a virtual awards show will be held this fall. More information about date, time and logistics will be announced later this summer. The goal is to air the awards show on a Sunday evening in September so chapters/colonies can stream the show as a group, provided campuses open up for the fall semester as usual.
Chapters/colonies are encouraged to apply for chapter-based awards. Individuals may nominate themselves or other brothers for the individual awards. Please note that some awards do not require an application and are based on chapter/colony performance over the past academic year. This includes Sweepstakes, CEP Awards and the Most Improved Chapter Award.
A new award is being presented in 2020, the Excellence in Virtual Brotherhood Award. This award was created to recognize the efforts of chapters/colonies that are creatively implementing ways for brotherhood to be reinforced while away from campus due to COVID-19.
For questions about 2020 awards, contact Chapter Development Director Nicole Belinksy at email@example.com.
To view past award recipients, visit our Awards page.
Distinguished Undergraduate Award
The Distinguished Undergraduate Award was created to recognize the time and effort given by a graduating senior for the improvement of his chapter, campus and community. The award emphasizes the attributes of an undergraduate's involvement during his whole college career. The recipient has his name engraved on the permanent recognition plaque at the International Headquarters.
President's Award for Chapter President of the Year
The President's Award for Chapter President of the Year recognizes the time, effort and leadership given by a Chapter President for the improvement of his chapter. The award emphasizes the attributes of an undergraduate's involvement during his term as President, as opposed to years of chapter service. Nominees must have completed their term as President.
Chapter Advisor of the Year
The Chapter Advisor of the Year Award recognizes an involved advisor, group of advisors or Chapter Advisory Board that is vital to the success of a chapter and the Fraternity. The Fraternity is certain that one of the largest contributing factors to a chapter's long-term success is the commitment and influence of a talented chapter advisor. Delta Upsilon has been fortunate over the years to have had talented and dedicated alumni forego their personal leisure for the benefit of a chapter.
This award is different than the Chairman's Award which will recognize a national-level volunteer.
The Chairman's Award - Outstanding Alumni Volunteer of the Year
The Chairman's Award for the Outstanding Alumni Volunteer of the Year was created to recognize the time and effort given by an international-level alumni volunteer (involvement beyond working with a single chapter) for the betterment of Delta Upsilon chapters within a given year. The recipient has his name engraved on the permanent recognition plaque at the International Headquarters.
Campus and Community Impact Award
The Campus and Community Impact Award was created to recognize chapters that go above and beyond their expectations to be role models in their community. This award specifically acknowledges those chapters that are creating and maintaining strong relationships outside of just Greek Life and benefiting others.
- Can be a continuous/regular program, specific event, fundraising or educational initiative
- Must meet a campus or community need
- The majority of the chapter should be involved with the program
- The chapter should be able to show how it is a positive addition to the community.
Alumni Engagement Award
This award recognizes chapters that do an outstanding job partnering with their alumni and/or local alumni to strengthen the bonds of lifelong membership, as well as connect alumni with a collegiate chapter.
- Can be a singular event or ongoing program
- Must show how alumni relationships are positively affecting the chapter and individual members
- Must involve a significant number of alumni
- The chapter should be responsible for the planning and maintenance of the event/program.
Health, Safety and Prevention Award
The Health, Safety and Prevention Award recognizes chapters that are making the chapter's culture safer for members and visitors alike. The chapter should be addressing Loss Prevention as an opportunity to learn and make the Fraternity experience safe and beneficial to members physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Can be focused on any educational are of Loss Prevention like alcohol, drugs, sexual assault, mental health, men's health, etc.
- Can be an individual event or continual program
- Should incorporate outside resources as experts and educators for the program(s)
- The chapter should be able to show how its approach toward Loss Prevention is realistic and safe for students.
Innovative Member Development Award
This award was created to recognize chapters that are educating, mentoring and developing their members throughout the entire collegiate experience after the Associate Member Education Program. The Delta Upsilon experience gives members the unique opportunity to learn from brothers, professors and experts in many different areas. Each member faces different periods of growth throughout his membership, and DU should be cultivating members during each step of the way.
- Should be a continuous program in which all members participate
- Can be focused in the areas of professional development, education, achievement, academic excellence, mentoring, etc.
- Should be focused on the full membership experience
- Chapters should be able to show how it is helping members grow from associate members to alumni.
Excellence in Virtual Brotherhood Award
This award new was created to recognize chapters that are creatively implementing ways for brotherhood to be reinforced while away from campus. The Delta Upsilon experience should transcend physical proximity to one another, and with technology there are ample ways to remain connected to promote friendship and relationships. The COVID-19 virus has significantly affected all chapter’s spring 2020 operations, but this award is dedicated to a chapter that placed even greater emphasis on connectedness while apart.
- Should be a continuous effort to engage brothers while away from a chapter’s institution
- Efforts should be creative and have significant member participation
- Chapters should be able to show how they are promoting friendship virtually through formal and informal brotherhood events with significant participation from the chapter (please highlight a timeline/calendar of formal or informal brotherhood events using the attachment feature below).