Leadership Institute Reminders
July 5, 2018 - Delta Upsilon's 2018 Leadership Institute is three weeks away! Festivities will begin July 26 at the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn. Before you pack your bags for Arizona, make sure you have all the information you need.
If you have questions about the Leadership Institute, contact Director of Educational Programs Veronica Moore at email@example.com.
Still need to register? You do that via the links below.
JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn
5402 E. Lincoln Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85253
Check-In: Your hotel room is confirmed based on the dates you provided on your registration form, with the majority of attendees arriving on Thursday, July 26. The hotel check-in begins at 4 p.m.; however, you may arrive at the hotel earlier in the day. Please check with the front desk upon arrival to see if an early check-in is available. The bell staff will hold your luggage in the event your room is not yet ready. Please plan appropriately to tip the bell staff if using this service. You will need a credit card at check-in for any incidentals.
Check-Out: The hotel check-out time is 11 a.m. on the day of your departure.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations are allowed until July 15, 2018. Cancellations after July 15 will not be eligible for a refund.
Flying to Scottsdale: If you are flying to the Leadership Institute, the hotel is located approximately 13 miles (roughly 20 minutes) from Phoenix International Airport.
Ground Transportation: DU does not provide ground transportation from the airport to hotel. There are a variety of ground transportation options from the airport, including shared ride van service and taxis. If you take a shuttle or a taxi, please remember to tip your driver.
SuperShuttle is a shared van service to/from the airport. The rate is roughly $16 per person each way. https://www.supershuttle.com
Taxi service is available outside at Ground Transportation in Terminals 2, 3 and 4. The typical minimum charge is $40 each way.
Uber/Lyft stations are located in the Ground Transportation area.
Driving to Scottsdale: Please use the hotel address above for directions. Travel reimbursements are not provided. Parking at the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn is $10 USD daily for on-site parking. Valet parking is available for $10 USD daily.
Note: Please note that travel is not included in your LI registration.
Thursday, July 26
- Afternoon - Business casual attire (khaki pants/slacks, button down or golf shirt, dress shoes)
- Evening - Professional attire (dress shirt, coat, tie, dress slacks, dress shoes and socks, DU badge)
Friday, July 27
- Morning/Afternoon - Professional attire (dress shirt, coat, tie, dress slacks, dress shoes and socks, DU badge)
- Evening - Casual attire for the evening in Old Scottsdale.
Saturday, July 28
- Founders Fitness Run (if participating) - workout attire and shoes
- Morning/Afternoon - Business casual attire (khaki pants/slacks, button down or golf shirt, dress shoes)
- Evening - Professional attire with blue and gold tie (dress shirt, coat, tie, dress slacks, dress shoes and socks, DU badge)
Additional Items to Pack
In addition to the clothing items you will need for the LI programs, here is a list of other items to make sure you pack.
- Credit card to use for any hotel room incidentals (required at check-in)
- DU shirts for the T-shirt auction
- Cash for ground transportation, tips, breakfast, etc.
- Health insurance card
- Swimsuit for the pool
- Cell phone charger
- ID for travel at airport and hotel check-in
You are welcome to play a few holes on the Camelback Golf Course on Thursday, July 26. The opening reception does not begin until 7 p.m., so you are free to enjoy the resort until that time.
Rates run from $49-$99 depending on the timing and the course. This pricing is for 18 holes and includes use of a cart. For more information please visit www.camelbackgolf.com.
Included in your LI Registration are the following meals:
- Thursday Opening Reception (hors d'oeuvres)
- Friday Awards Lunch
- Saturday Philanthropy Lunch
- Saturday Banquet Reception (hors d'oeuvres)
- Saturday Banquet
Note: Please note breakfast is not provided. There are several places at the hotel, including a Starbucks in which you can find breakfast. Attendees will be in charge of their dinner during the Friday evening outing to Old Scottsdale.