VirTUAL LI Schedule
Aug. 20, 2020 - The in-person Leadership Institute may have been canceled due to COVID-19, but for the first time in DU's 185-year history, the event will be moved online! On Sept. 20, the Fraternity will host virtual meetings of the Undergraduate Convention and Assembly of Trustees, as well as a virtual awards show to recognize the work of our brothers and chapters/colonies from the past year.
The Undergraduate Convention and Assembly of Trustees make up DU's bicameral legislature and are to meet annually per the Delta Upsilon Constitution & By-laws. These two meetings traditionally take place at the Leadership Institute. At 12 p.m. EDT on Sept. 20, the Undergraduate Convention will meet via Zoom. The Assembly of Trustees meeting will take place on Zoom later that afternoon at 4 p.m. EDT.
Representatives from each chapter/colony are encouraged to join Convention. Chapters in good standing with the Fraternity will each receive one voting Convention Delegate. Delegate registration is due Aug. 23. Alumni chapters whose corresponding undergraduate chapter is in good standing also receive one voting delegate at the Assembly of Trustees. Trustee registration is also due Aug. 23.
Prior to the Undergraduate Convention, each of DU's six provinces must hold their annual Province Meeting. These meetings will take place Aug. 30. Convention Delegates must also attend Province Meetings to elect the Undergraduate Advisory Board and learn important information regarding Convention. Applications for UGAB Representatives are due Aug. 23 as are applications to be an Undergraduate Director on the International Fraternity's Board of Directors.
All DUs, parents and friends of the Fraternity are invited to join Delta Upsilon for its virtual awards show starting at 7 p.m. Sept. 20. The show will be streamed on DU's social media and recognize chapters/colonies and individuals for their accomplishments from the past year. In the week leading up to the show, several awards and other recognition will be announced on social media.
For more information, visit our Leadership Institute Page.
VIRTUAL LI SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Applications due to be an Undergraduate Advisory Board (UGAB) Representative
- Applications due to be an Undergraduate Directors on the International Fraternity Board of Directors.
- Registration forms due for Convention Delegates and Assembly Trustees
Aug. 30 - Province Meetings (via Zoom)
- 1:00 p.m. EDT: Province 1 (Northeast) and Province 3 (South)
- 2:30 p.m. EDT: Province 2 (Midwest) and Province 4 (Great Plains)
- 4:00 p.m. EDT: Province 5 (West) and Province 6 (Canada)
Sept. 20 - Virtual LI
- 12:00 p.m. EDT: Undergraduate Convention (via Zoom)
- 3:00 p.m. EDT: Assembly of Trustees (via Zoom)
- 7:00 p.m. EDT: Awards presentation (streamed on social media)