The Second Century Campaign
Why Purdue DU?
In 2014, our Chapter celebrated 100 years at Purdue University. It was a significant milestone, one that only a select number of other chapter and Greek organizations can claim. What made it even more special is our unique history of success, setbacks, and resurgence in West Lafayette.
Purdue DU has persevered and grown thanks to a can-do spirit and resilient attitude that is ingrained in our Chapter's culture, our undergraduate members and most notably our alumni. DU has also played an important role in the history of Purdue, from establishing Grand Prix, to contributing some of the best athletes on the Grid Iron and basketball court, developing leaders from the most respected organizations on campus, and winning campus-wide competitions.
Despite a recent Million Dollar renovation of the Purdue Chapter House and generations of alumni supporting our own Pur-DU Educational Foundation, there is much to be done. Now is the time to prepare our Chapter for the next 100 years by making strategic investments that will empower Purdue Delta Upsilon to build upon its successes. Now is the time to secure the Foundation that will support outstanding young men by providing them the tools and the opportunities that will best complement their college experience.
There are three (3) ways we are asking alumni brothers, parents and friends to participate:
- Give to the Purdue Chapter Educational Account
- Consider a recurring monthly donation
- Make a long-term commitment by including the Purdue Delta Upsilon Chapter in your estate plans.
PURDUE CHAPTER EDUCATIONAL ACCOUNT
(The Pur-Du Educational Foundation)
Delta Upsilon Headquarters is hosting this website and providing alumni, parents and friends the opportunity to contribute funds to our Chapter Educational Account which in turn directly supports the Pur-DU Educational Foundation. These funds positively impact the Purdue DU undergraduate members in a number of ways.
- Each year the Purdue Chapter awards need based and merit scholarships based on criteria ranging from academic performance, Chapter involvement and leadership and community engagement. With the high cost of tuition and many of our members qualifying for financial need, the funds provided by the fraternity can be critical to the success of those member receiving scholarship support.
- Our Goal: Provide $50,000 a year in scholarships to deserving undergraduates.
LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Delta Upsilon Headquarters and Purdue University provide numerous educational opportunities for undergraduate members throughout the year. These include the annual Leadership Institute help around the country each summer where we typically send 12-15 members to participate, annual Regional Leadership Academies for chapter officers, and the DU Emerging Leader training for freshmen and sophomores.
- Our Goal: Provide $20,000 in annual funding for these programs.
EDUCATIONAL RELATED FACILITY PROJECTS
- Whether it's purchasing new furniture for the Formal Library, updating technology infrastructure or renovating individual study spaces, these funds are used for a variety of educational improvements within the chapter house. These continuous upgrades are vital to help us keep pace with Purdue University dorms, new apartments and other Greek housing.
- Our Goal: Invest $30,000 annually in facility improvements.
Thank you for your consideration and support.
Hail Purdue and Hail DU!
Ways to Give:
If you would like to give to the Purdue Chapter Educational Account, please click HERE.
Recurring Monthly Donation:
Your credit card will be charged in the amount you indicate on the day you choose each month. Call Delta Upsilon Headquarters at 317-875-8900 and speak with Mike or Jana to provide your information. They will send you confirmation of recurring donation and electronic receipt for each payment.
Make check payable to "Delta Upsilon Educational Foundation" and indicate "Purdue Chapter" in the memo line or accompanying note. Sent to:
Delta Upsilon Educational Foundation
8705 Founders Road
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Contact Pete Schwartz '00, President of the Pur-DU Educational Foundation
Please note: All donations made to the Delta Upsilon Educational Foundation are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Donors will receive an electronic receipt as well as an acknowledgement letter.