Chapter Housing Accounts provide funds for a educational use areas in a chapter house.

What is a CHA?

The IRS only allows tax-deductible donations to be used for fraternity housing if the money is used on an area strictly designed for educational purposes. A Chapter Housing Account through the DUEF provides a space for those donations to be accepted and maintained. Money from a CHA can be used for the construction, renovation and furnishing in what the IRS calls an Educational Use Area (EUA) in a chapter house or facility.

To apply to open a Chapter Housing Account, complete the DUEF Housing Grant Application and send it via mail or email to Executive Director Justin Kirk.

To see if your chapter has an existing CHA, click here

Chapter Housing

CHA Distribution

To request money from a CHA, alumni chapters must apply for a grant application and use the money only for its intended educational purposes.

Request a distribUtion from a CHA

Give to a DUEF campaign