How to Update Your Officers and ADvisors
Chapters will maintain their officer and advisors lists with IHQ through the DU Portal. It is important to maintain these lists on an ongoing basis so the correct individuals receive admin rights to perform certain functions within the DU Portal, and so that the current officers and advisors receive important communication from the International Fraternity.
NOTE: Everyone in your chapter will be able to view the chapter’s “Roles” and “Roster,” but only select individuals have administrative rights through the DU Portal to make updates. These people are: Chapter President, VP Finance, VP Administration, VP Member Education, VP Recruitment, Chapter Advisor, VP Finance Advisor, and House Corporation President.
- Log into the DU Portal at portal.deltau.org.
- If you have not logged into the DU Portal before, register your account following these steps.
- Edit Term Dates – This will allow you to change the start date for the person in the role and add an end date. When you add an end date, it will remove that individual from that officer role.
- Add Role Assignment – This will let you add an additional role to the individual. For example, it is very possible that one person serves in multiple advisor roles.
- End Role Assignment – This will end the person’s role in that position. Replace Role Assignment – This will end the person’s role in that position.
- Do not add an End Date if this person is a current officer/advisor/volunteer. Adding an End Date will mark them as no longer serving in the role.
The list of roles that appear in the DU Portal are based on the roles that IHQ tracks/logs in its member database. Some chapters may have more or fewer roles based on chapter size and needs, and that is okay. Ideally, chapters are using the Executive Board officer names as listed in the International Fraternity’s Constitution & By-laws. If not, please select the role that best matches your officer names (example: Secretary and Vice President of Administration).
The following video will walk you through how to change the roles of your officers, advisors and volunteers. You can jump to the 2:58 mark in the video to get to this section.