The DU POrtal
Sept. 20, 2023 - Delta Upsilon is excited to launch the DU Portal, our new online member hub! The DU Portal will streamline the member experience, allowing our chapters to operate more efficiently and for members to connect to the Fraternity like never before.
The DU Portal is in partnership with our friends at ChapterSpot and is connected to the Fraternity's powerful new Salesforce database.
"Delta Upsilon is proud to partner with ChapterSpot to launch the DU Portal," said Delta Upsilon Executive Director Justin Kirk. "For several years, we have worked to find a system that would integrate our chapter reporting to our database so we could ease the workload of our staff and also provide a better user experience for our members. Post-pandemic, we have seen a growing need and want from our membership to have a better online experience, and the DU Portal is the first step in providing that experience."
The DU Portal is for all DU members—both undergraduate and alumni—as well as volunteers who may not be a DU member.
All those with access to the DU Portal are able to:
- Manage their personal information, including contact information and education and employment history.
- Search for DU brothers via a Brother Search that will launch later in fall 2023.
- Register for DU educational programs
Additional features are available to undergraduate members, chapter officers, advisors, and other chapter volunteers to streamline chapter operations.
All undergraduate and associate members are also able to:
- View their chapter's membership roster and contact information
- View their chapter's officers, advisors and alumni volunteers, as well as their contact information
- Add potential new members (PNMs) into the chapter's recruitment pipeline
- Access virtual educational programs they may be required to take
Select chapter officers, advisors and alumni volunteers will have additional access to do the following:
Individuals with this access are: Chapter President, VP Finance, VP Administration, VP Member Education, VP Recruitment, Chapter Advisor, VP Finance Advisor, and House Corporation President.
- Report associate members
- Report initiates
- Update their member roster
- Update officer and advisor roles
- Pay chapter dues and other invoices to the International Fraternity
Throughout the next year, the Fraternity will add more features to the DU Portal, such as the Brother Search, event registration, and the ability for donors to the DU Educational Foundation to view their individual donor history.
Thanks to the Fraternity's partnership with ChapterSpot for the DU Portal, DU has also been able to partner with Plaid—a leader in fraternity/sorority programming—to host virtual educational programs for members that can be accessed via the DU Portal. Undergraduate and associate members will be able to access the Plaid platform by logging into the DU Portal and selecting the Virtual Programs icon. All associate members must complete Plaid's Tightrope health and safety program prior to Initiation. Tightrope's sister program, Highwire, will also be available to members who may need additional health and safety education. In addition, undergraduates will have access to a Big Brother Training Program, and select chapters will pilot a cultural competencies program this academic year.
For more information about the DU Portal, visit our DU Portal page that is full resources and information. You can also read an article about the DU Portal in the summer 2023 issue of the Delta Upsilon Quarterly.
How to access the DU Portal
- All DU members and volunteers with a valid email address on file with the International Fraternity received an email invitation to the DU Portal with instructions on claiming their account. These email invitations will be staggered and sent at the following schedule.
- Week of Aug. 14 - International Fraternity volunteers, undergraduate chapter officers, advisors, alumni chapter officers
- Week of Aug. 28 - All undergraduate members and associate members
- Week of Sept. 11 - All alumni
- All new associate members will receive their invites as soon as they are reported to IHQ by the chapter through the DU Portal.
- If you did not receive an email invitation from IHQ, you can manually claim your account by visiting http://portal.deltau.org and clicking the Sign Up button. From here, you will be asked to fill out information that can be matched to your record in DU's database. You will provide your current email address and sent an email invitation.
- Make sure to check your junk/spam folders if you do not see the email invitation come to your inbox.
After your initial login, you will access the DU Portal at https://portal.deltau.org.